A one-to-one script reading and feedback service to take your play to the next level.
Could you do with some feedback on your play? Are you stuck on how to improve your first draft? Or are you polishing up a script to submit to a theatre? Well, did you know that London Playwrights’ Blog offers a script consulting service where you can receive detailed feedback from a member of our experienced team?
When it comes to getting feedback, we know that there’s no one size fits all, so we’ve recently updated our services to offer more options and to try to be as accessible to as wide a range of writers as possible. We’ve also worked hard to keep the cost of our services down whilst ensuring we are able to pay a fair wage to those involved . Our services are open to writers of all levels.
We’re all playwrights ourselves so we know how important constructive feedback is for developing our work but with so few resources, we also we know how hard it is to come by. Plus, we’re clued up on what kind of feedback sends you running to your laptop fueled with inspiration and the kind that makes you want to bang your head against a brick wall.
Between us, we’ve got lots of experience: we’ve worked as playwriting tutors at RADA, read scripts for Theatre 503, the Bush, the Finborough and the Old Red Lion. As writers, we’ve had worked performed at the Birmingham Rep, Soho Theatre, RADA, Southwark Playhouse, Theatre503, Rose Theatre Bankside, The Globe, and the Tristan Bates Theatre, to name but a few!
We love plays, we love theatre and we love writing – so rest assured that your play is going to get read by someone who is genuinely interested and passionate about developing plays.
How to Book:
Just fill in the short application form below, and a member of the team will be in touch. We look forward to supporting your writing!
What happens next
Once we’ve received your form, we’ll be in touch to request payment and your full script (if required). We’ll then assign you to one of our script consultants who will arrange a time frame for the work to be completed. If you are planning on redrafting to a deadline, please let us know so that we can confirm we are able to accommodate this.
The fine print/T&C’s:
- We can only work with writers aged 18 and older.
- The fee will be payable via debit or credit card using our secure payment provider, Stripe. We’ll email details of how to pay on receipt of your application form.
- We’ll get you scheduled in and start the reading process as soon as we’ve received your payment.
- You can expect a response from us within 48 hours of submitting your application form.
- Creative Development sessions: hours and expectations of what is to be achieved is to be agreed with the consultant prior to the work taking place and payment must be made upfront. In the case of an ongoing relationship, hours and expectations may be agreed and paid for on a monthly basis.
- No refunds can be processed once you have sent your script to London Playwrights’ Workshop.
20 % discount for followup sessions: Our service is designed to ensure that you have all the information you need to take your play forwards after one script consulting session. However, we also recognise that some people prefer to be supported through more than one draft; in this instance, a reduced fee is available since there is a bit less work involved for the reader, who is already familiar with the world of your play.
We look forward to supporting your work!