1. Prep your tools!
Before you start re-drafting, get some prep done, so you can approach editing with a clear focus and make the most of your writing time.
2. Reworking your structure
Released 31 May 2018
3. Characters: when to build, when to demolish
Released 7 June 2018
4. Creating an explosive opening scene!
Released 14 June 2018
5. Streamlining the middle of your play
Released 21 June 2018
6. Dramatic Climax and ending with a bang!
Released 28 June 2018
7. Rethinking dialogue
Released 5 July 2018
8. Digging deeper: how ruthless is your editing style?
Released 12 July 2018
9. Polishing your script
Released 19 July 2018
10. Moving forward: what to do next
Released 26 July 2018
Note about the quiz!
Whilst the quiz is obviously just a bit of fun, there is a message here: you do need to be strict with yourself about editing. It might not be easy to cut some of your characters but your play really will benefit from tightening things up.
TIP: If you still find yourself lots of characters, think about how doubling might work. It might mean editing a few scenes so that the same actor can play one role, but this is worth it if you are looking to get your play produced.